Services required and associated expenditure for the maintenance of communal areas within a residential Apartment/Housing Development can present real problems. There are legal and financial implications. CSM Estate Agents will act on behalf of the Owners to ensure the effective management of the development.
Owners of a development have equal shares and can cherry pick from a list of services required to maintain their site. Some services will be necessary as there will be a legal liability for owners to have in place, such as building insurance and lift insurance/maintenance. Our aim is to give the owners full control without the day-to-day headache of management.
- Call and attend Annual General Meetings, take minutes and provide shareholders with copy on request.
- Collect all monies due in respect of Service Charge.
- Actively pursue all debtors up to and including small claims court.
- Act as Company Secretary and in that capacity arrange adequate block and public liability insurance for the entire development, collect payments and process all claims.
- Developer/solicitor/company initiation
- Update accurate records on change of ownership.
- Where applicable act as officers of the Management Company, carrying out all relevant administrative tasks i.e. signing of deeds, shares certificates in the interim period before a shareholder is appointed.
- Supply information to solicitors with regard to past accounts, minutes, insurance, Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Prepare detailed Profit & Loss statements.
- Administer annual returns and financial statements to Companies Office.
- Prepare budgets and advise as to the appropriate level of service charge.
- Liaise with maintenance contractors, gardeners, window cleaners and cleaning companies.
- Arrange any miscellaneous repairs to common areas as requested, process invoices and settle payment from the Service Charge account.
- Organise external repainting or similar work in line with the terms and conditions of the property lease.
- Ensure that the terms of lease are enforced and adhered to.
- CSM also runs a successful lettings agency service and has a large portfolio of clients. This service provides a perfect backdrop to Property Management and can greatly facilitate the placement of suitable tenants not only in the developments we manage but in all our properties
- Be available for discussion with Directors (appointed representative) in respect of efficient management of development.
- Quality contractor backup for maintenance and repairs. The quality of the contractor's work is continually assessed.
- Competent emergency service cover by arrangements to have 24 hour/7 days a week cover with insurance company approved contractors.
- We have a bespoke software system which makes all the above run smoothly.
- Geda Construction (Tanya McCartan)
- Coogan & Co Architects (Kevin Coogan)
Need more info?
If you would like more detailed information about any of our services, please complete our contact form or give us a call on 028 9024 5999.